I hearby Love Linux Mint 7!!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: I hearby Love Linux Mint 7!!!!

Post by lagagnon »

Welcome and glad you are enjoying Mint. Your post makes a nice change from the frequent whingers we get on these forums!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The title to this post caught my eye for some reason. :D Welcome to the forum and nice to see you are enjoying LinuxMint!
rburkartjo

Post by rburkartjo »

yes i think linux mint is great and the members of this board seem to be more cordial. the ubuntu forms can provide a lot of great advise however some of the replies can be condescending but havent noticed that attitude here
ESM

Post by ESM »

well, with Win7 burning ISO has become a standard thing to do. So you can say that Microsoft made it easier to burn Linux Mint ;)
rburkartjo

Post by rburkartjo »

what is so great about linux mint is that i dont have to search for apps and way to play all the things i watch or listen to on the net. boy did i have a learning curve when i switched to ubuntu cause i went cold turkey and completely deleted vista
fearless1012

Post by fearless1012 »

thestickman wrote:Needed a 2nd laptop to extend the life of the Macbook. Had that abomination known as Vista on it.
It is always a pleasure to read posts from fellow Mac users who are not tied down to the myth that Apple is the only reliable system on earth. Apple streamlines their product selection too much and lately puts out the ugliest hardware in the world (Mouse, keyboard, iPod, etc). So this, over time forced me to look elsewhere. I know Windows all too well since Win95 because of work, but it is a burden to to babysit and stay up with constantly. In order to not burn through my Mac as quick, and due to the fact my family knows that machine so well, I first threw on Ubuntu 9.04 earlier this year and was blown away how great it was. Then my friends on You Tube showed me the way to Linux Mint 7, and that is what got the final install to my Lenovo PC laptop. I have my laptop triple booted with Windows Vista, Mint 7, and Xubuntu 9.10.

Windows Vista is primarily for my at-home business; Mint 7 is my standard system; and Xubuntu is like my project distro while I help some friends on their aging pc's. Similar to the Mac platform, Linux Mint just works! it will be something grand when Linux Mint 9 is released based on Ubuntu 10.04 because that will be emulating Mac OSX.

Keep having fun on Linux Mint 7!!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”