New Mint 8 facility

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
inferno

New Mint 8 facility

Post by inferno »

For Mint 8 it would be real nice to have a tool like Fedora 11's Revisor, so the user can add packages then produce a live disc of the customized distro.

Please keep the Compiz graphics as out of the box, Mint is really nice, I have used 7 since its release and love it. I have loaded Java and Netbeans 6.7 and use it regularily for programming at home and work.
It is streets ahead of the other distros, Tutors at the Polytechnic where I work have watched me using it and are now going to it for networking and OS classes. I have tried many distros but Mint is the best by far, if anything can sway users from Windows this can, credit due to its developers and the endless time they have spent on development

John in New Zealand.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yahtzeek9

Re: New Mint 8 facility

Post by yahtzeek9 »

Try remastersys for making your own distro. Works great!!!

Congrats on getting others to see the splendiferousness of Mint.
Aging Technogeek

Re: New Mint 8 facility

Post by Aging Technogeek »

+1 on remastersys. You can use it to make a full bootable backup of your complete OS with all personal tweaks and data, or you can strip out all personal items and just make an iso of the OS and all installed apps-great for handing out ro friends.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”