Network or Mint problem...??

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rbpyogesh

Network or Mint problem...??

Post by rbpyogesh »

Hello...

Not sure...If this is a problem exactly with Networking or my Laptop...I have a celron laptop 1.5GHZ with 1.5GB ram and 120GB HDD and I have a Intel 965 chipset I guess...

The problem is I used to run Mint from Mint 7 and everything worked fine....But the latest release LM 9 is not working properly....I use Huwaei BB modem for Interet and it is being detected in LM8 and runs no problem but for LM9 it is not working properly...

The OS is not detecting my modem...but the Micro SD in it is detected

Is the problem related with laptop or my network card...

If it is my latop then which version of MINT should I run....

Any suggestions...??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rbpyogesh

Re: Network or Mint problem...??

Post by rbpyogesh »

I am still stuck in LM8....

Can anyone help me in Upgrading to LM 9

I do wish to stay here...Will the XFCE version solve my problems...

Need an reply please....
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Try installing "usb modeswitch from Package Manager. This is intended to switch the firmware in the modem from memory mode to Modem mode. It generally helps.
rbpyogesh

Post by rbpyogesh »

Thanks for the reply...Surely will Try...

The real problem is why does it work in LM 8 and not in LM 9

But will try it though...Thanks
rbpyogesh

Post by rbpyogesh »

No Mate....

I am not sure....If I am intended to do it...I used the Live CD and installed the USB mode Switch...

And Unfortunately...It did not work out....

Any other Tips....for me...
rbpyogesh

Re: Network or Mint problem...??...Tracked..Not solved...

Post by rbpyogesh »

Well...I seriously don't understand...how the developers are doing the work...

I guess my Problem with new OS's....U 10.04...LM 9...LM 9 XFCE....has been tracked...

It is been hard work really...

After many installations and uninstallations...

I guess I found out..

But someone should further help me out with this...

Ever since I install Live CD...I face this problem...Just before booting onto Live desktop...It gives me a error...

get userid---failed----UserId Unknown()

Not exactly same error but kinda same...

Next WV dial does not work...It gives out a problem with Init string error...I am using the same for other OS if my USB is not detected...So no chance that is wrong...when I install the version and before it asks me to remove the CD it gives me a set of error commands...
Like some command and followed by FAILED letters...

So...Is i down to Incompatablity of my Latop that I am getting these errors...It looks like after 2011...I need to move back to windows...

Any solutions for this...My laptop...BENQ S32 series...
raywoods

Post by raywoods »

Well, I've stuck with Mint 8 because of problems with Mint 9. One problem I had was partially cured by updating to the latest kernel in the update repository. You could try that but, remember it isn't tested, as it is flagged as a level 5 update. (You will need to check your preferences to see it first.)

I'm coming round to the thought that six monthly updates are just too quick and don't give enough time to iron out all the problems. Perhaps we should be considering a yearly upgrade. Say if Mint 10 comes out in November 2010 but we wait until the next year and bring out Mint 11 in November 2011. With luck, the problems in Mint 9 will be ironed out for Mint 10 and there will be a whole year to work on the next release.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”