Amarok Sound Error

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Blind Tiger
Level 1
Level 1

Amarok Sound Error

Post by Blind Tiger »

After a successful install, I scanned my media with Amarok using SQlite. After it finished loading the music media files, I was able to play a few songs successfully, then my system froze. I restarted, and did not have any sound capability at all. I installed asla-firmware-loaders, restarted, and had sound capability again. I opened Amarok again, started a song, and experienced the same system crash. I don't have any sound capability now, even after restart.

My sound card is Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum.

I have set up the card using available control panel applets, yet sound is still not functional.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
with respect . . .
-- Blind Tiger --
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to MInt Blind Tiger
I only use the built in sound on my mobo so I have no experience with Creative in Linux.
It's a well known fact that Creative has had problems with their drivers not only for VIsta....
I found the following as a reference. The site is down at the moment so I've been unable to take a look at it.
http://www.linuxtricks.net/index.php/ar ... with-alsa/
Blind Tiger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Blind Tiger »

Husse,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll check out the link when the site is back online.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”