Mint MeeGo?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PEBKAC

Mint MeeGo?

Post by PEBKAC »

I would personally love to see a MeeGo spin of Mint. There's a SUSE version coming out, but Canonical's pushing their Unity interface and I haven't found any Debian-based MeeGo distros being planned. Mint would be an excellent candidate for this IMO, especially since it already includes all the drivers the average user would want.

You know... just saying. It would be a really nice distro to introduce netbook users to Linux, and with the Ubuntu repositories it would have an easy way to install tons of new software, something that is... well... annoyingly difficult on stock MeeGo. (That's just me, I do hate RPM, but... yeah.) I loved Ubuntu Moblin Remix, but as Canonical won't be updating that anymore sticking with that isn't really a viable option for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigBuckets

Re: Mint MeeGo?

Post by bigBuckets »

A Mint or Debian based MeeGo would be very interesting. I gave MeeGo a try on my netbook and I really liked the interface. The lack of codecs and apps rendered it useless (to me) for more than browsing the internet and using twitter.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”