upgrade from RC

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
godsotherhand

upgrade from RC

Post by godsotherhand »

I installed the RC of mint 11. Now i see that mint 11 is released..
My question is: Do i need to reinstall mint 11 or by using the mintupdate i will have mint11?
Asking cus in the last week i only got an update for firefox >.< and my compiz bugs are still here, even though it's up to date.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: upgrade from RC

Post by nunol »

Yes, If you have Mint 11 RC and update you get Mint 11.

"To upgrade from Linux Mint 11 RC, simply apply any level 1 and 2 updates (if any) available in the Update Manager."
Source: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1760
godsotherhand

Post by godsotherhand »

so mint11 came out with alot of compiz bugs? lol, strange..
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Yes, it's a know bug: http://linuxmint.com/rel_katya.php#upstream
Compiz Fusion
If you experience problems with the window manager (with window borders, focus or mouse clicks) launch "Fusion Icon" from the menu, and use the Fusion tray icon to switch your window manager to "Metacity".
Upstream regressions affect the "Cube" plugin in particular. It is recommended not to activate this plugin in Linux Mint 11.
karashata

Post by karashata »

Compiz is, as mentioned, very buggy right now, probably due to bugs being accidentally introduced during their code rewrite. I would recommend, based on my own experience, downgrading Compiz to 0.8.6 from this ppa if you're really set on using Compiz and don't want to fuss with the bugs. I did (even though I managed to set up Compiz how I wanted and avoided the worst bug, having it disable every plugin seemingly at random...) and I don't regret it in the least.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”