Mint 11 Kernal Panics

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Steve Payne

Mint 11 Kernal Panics

Post by Steve Payne »

Is anyone else experiencing kernel panics with Mint 11? Three or four times, usually while running Google Chrome, a kernel panic has resulted in the CPU going to text mode and locking up the session. It may be that Google Chrome doesn't play well with this kernel?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Steve Payne

Re: Mint 11 Kernal Panics

Post by Steve Payne »

Several more kernel panics later, and I made the move to Ubuntu 11.04. I wanted to see if I would have the same issues on a hard-drive install of 11.04 since it and Mint 11 both share the same kernel. So far, no issues after about 4 days with 11.04. However, I'm still a "Minty" at heart and really miss the polish, shine, and better quality of Mint over Ubuntu. So, my question is this: could it be that a fresh install of Mint 11 might clear up the problem? Have any changes been made to Mint 11 regarding the kernel since my previous install, which was 2 days after Mint 11 went live?

I'd really love to come back to Mint 11, but I'm also enjoying the panic-free experience with 11.04. Any help/advice/opinions would be awesome!
Last edited by Steve Payne on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

not one

smooth as it gets.

BUT, I use opera and Firefox, rarely do I use chromium.
mazzy

Post by mazzy »

What was the kernel version?
bridaddy69

Post by bridaddy69 »

I was having the exact same issue that you were describing. I have since dumped chrome in favor of firefox. Installed liquorix kernel and have been running flawlessly since. I love my mint...:)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”