Free webdesign

Talk about your projects for the community
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Free webdesign

Postby seularts on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 am

This is my little project, that I'm working on:
http://www.tzr.ro/
Well all I want is to give people the opportunity to learn web design, and why not even make websites for people that demand it, for free. The only thing to be considered is that, in return, the sites that are being made, to have a link that returns to TZR and one to Linux Mint (helping TZR and Linux Mint to have a beet SEO). Also, the relation of this post here, for Mint, is that it inspired me to give art for free and that I would like to develop this project in being something like Linux Web Design, for people that use Linux mainly, but also other people as well. I even want to add a section with websites that were inspired from the tutorials, that will be written at TZR (hopefully), and the ones that are made by people that want to join TZR, as web designers (this will help the sites shown to get a better SEO themselves).
The plain and simple idea of this site is to give free projects that have high quality in design and can start a new way of making people want to be more creative. From common knowledge, the best things in life are free. I just hate to see people having to pay money for something that isn't worth even a dime.
Indeed I don't mean that I don't mind a donation or two, in the site, and to obtain some money from advertising, as well, to keep up with my payments for the host provider, but the information given is the essence here. Also when I mean tutorials, I would like them to be about all branches of design, if that could be possible, but I can't write it all alone.
So if you are willing to help and know others that would like to join up, here is my e-mail: seularts@gmail.com and I'll will make you an "author" user. Just tell me in what part would you like to work on and what other ideas you have got for future development of this project, that might improve it.
Perhaps this way I can even make more people join up the Linux Community and also TZR, and most of all, if it is possible, to change the mentality towards the thinking that everything can be measured in monetary value. I personally like to make people feel better for getting something beautiful, in return for a "Thank you" and of course a link back to the site:)
seularts
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Free webdesign

Postby DrHu on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:37 am

seularts wrote:The only thing to be considered is that, in return, the sites that are being made, to have a link that returns to TZR and one to Linux Mint (helping TZR and Linux Mint to have a beet SEO). Also, the relation of this post here, for Mint, is that it inspired me to give art for free and that I would like to develop this project in being something like Linux Web Design, for people that use Linux mainly, but also other people as well

What the heck is SEO..
There is no such thing as Linux site design or Windows site design or MAC (OS-X) site design, there is only site design, whether you use dhtml, xhtml, css or ajax or an ide language( php, asp, drupal) et all
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html- ... beginners/
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
--xhtml
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
--css

The only thing that separates web designers from one another is the tools they use, and their imagination/vision..
--or in the commercial realm, number of clients/web sites designed..
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Postby seularts on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 am

What I meant, for TZR, was to to be a Linux project for people that like things to be free, nothing more. I did not say to be written from Linux or to be part from it.
seularts
Level 1
Level 1

Postby optimize me on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45 am

seularts wrote:This is my little project, that I'm working on:
http://www.tzr.ro/

The pitch...
seularts wrote:I just hate to see people having to pay money for something that isn't worth even a dime.
Indeed I don't mean that I don't mind a donation or two, in the site, and to obtain some money from advertising, as well, to keep up with my payments for the host provider, but the information given is the essence here.

The swing.....
seularts wrote:Also when I mean tutorials, I would like them to be about all branches of design, if that could be possible, but I can't write it all alone.
So if you are willing to help and know others that would like to join up, here is my e-mail:

The... huh?

I'm not sure I get this guy's approach, but he has 4 posts to his credit, all of which are nearly verbatim to this one. He's pitching a site, soliciting "donations", is not very well-versed on the subject at hand (Linux web-design?)... What does any of this do in the way of helping Mint and Mint users?

Don't feed the spammers, kids.
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.8GHz 8GB DDR3 RAM ATI Radeon HD6970
optimize me
Level 5
Level 5

Postby DrHu on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm

optimize me wrote:Don't feed the spammers, kids.

I know, I know..
--but he improved his site after he first posted; initially there was little if any design or documentation there..

I just thought well, yes it is a pitch for his site and really nothing to do with mint, but I also considered that maybe he isn't too sure about his direction and the English is little awkward, so it is hard to understand the project, and what the goal is really!

Although the obvious goal of getting some web designers or potential designers/clients, associated with his site is all too apparent

So, I'll shut up on it, as he does have his email out and it is on his site as well..
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Postby optimize me on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 pm

DrHu wrote:So, I'll shut up on it, as he does have his email out and it is on his site as well..

I didn't mean it as an order or anything...

I agree it is strange... definitely not the standard approach or anything. I'm not sure what the angle is, but any time somebody says "come look at my site" and asks for donations of time or money, it's definitely a suspect operation. Especially given the recent rash of spamming these forums have seen. Also especially when the user's post count includes 4 verbatim post copies in a short time span.

Personally, I reported it as soon as I saw the first one. I'm not sure what (if any) action has been or will be taken.
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.8GHz 8GB DDR3 RAM ATI Radeon HD6970
optimize me
Level 5
Level 5

Postby dlkreations on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:07 am

DrHu wrote:What the heck is SEO..

I believe he is referring to Search Engine Optimization, which has nothing to do with what he is trying to get at. The reason why I say this is that no one needs his site for better search optimization. You can do this on your own and very easily.

Now, not to be totally against this person; he does have a good idea, but trying to promote this here is not what I would call "smart". If he is looking for SEO, this isn't the place to do it.

As I mentioned in another post from him; in order to make a site, especially one that is going to be a professional site offering website tutorials, you will need to better your spelling, grammar and punctuation. Only reason why I say this is that I am a CIW Professional. I went to school for just this sort of thing.

Like I said, you have a good idea, but posting, and promoting your site here isn't the wisest choice.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Husse on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Well this is a bit odd, but I'll allow it (just about)
If this guy starts posting more strange posts I'd like you to report it
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby rastiazul on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:02 pm

i like the idea except that linux aint mentioned anywhere

there is also another problem: the register thing doesnt work
rastiazul
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dequire on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 pm

rastiazul wrote:i like the idea except that linux aint mentioned anywhere

Go back and read it. pretty sure he has good intentions.
They'll all look at me and say,
Hey look at him! I'll never live that way.
But that's okay -
They're just afraid to change.
- Shannon Hoon

The Blue Mint
dequire
Level 4
Level 4

Postby endontoddy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:53 am

dlkreations wrote:
DrHu wrote:What the heck is SEO..

I believe he is referring to Search Engine Optimization, which has nothing to do with what he is trying to get at. The reason why I say this is that no one needs his site for better search optimization. You can do this on your own and very easily.

I believe what is he is suggesting is that the inbound links created on every site for TZR and Linux Mint will help improve their Google Page Rank (which in turn helps with SEO). Same goes for all the sites listed in the tutorials section (especially if TZR ends up with a decent Page Rank itself).

Looks pretty above board to me, in fact i like it :) (although Sitepoint already offers alot of this type of info for free.).

As some constructive criticism:
The design of the site looks great, but it would be a good idea to get someone to proof-read your tutorials (your grammar can be a little off).
I suggest that you present your code examples as dark text on a white background, or at the very least change the colour of your commenting (I'm having to squint to read them).
There is NO functional difference between HTML and XHTML, XHTML simply enforces good syntax. CSS will work just as well with either.
endontoddy
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dlkreations on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure this post is dead, so there is no point in bringing it back to life.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Ideas & Thoughts