LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

Talk about your projects for the community
Forum rules
No support questions here please

LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

Postby nuvola on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 am

:roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
nuvola
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

Postby MaddogF16 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 pm

:?:
MaddogF16
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Green_Mint on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm

are we on candid camera, or something?
Green_Mint
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jlr1701 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:39 pm

I can see your Crack problem!
Asus Sabertooth X79 mobo/i7-3930k/Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM/Nvidia GTX670/Crucial 128GB SSD/Samsung 540GB SSD/ 2 1TB WD hard drives
jlr1701
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Aging Technogeek on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 pm

WHAAAAAAAT?

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Postby zts on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:13 am

nuvola wrote::roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
I think you need to stay with Mint 7 or Ubuntu 9.04. I'm guessing that you have an AMD system. Unfortunately, the AMD based systems don't work very well under the latest versions of either Mint or Ubuntu. Stay with Mint 7 and wait till Mint 9 comes out. However, it's worth looking into what is not working on your computer if it's an Intel-based system. Also check software updates, these forums and Ubuntu forums to see if there were any fixes.
zts
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kelvinjona on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 am

zts wrote:
nuvola wrote::roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
I think you need to stay with Mint 7 or Ubuntu 9.04. I'm guessing that you have an AMD system. Unfortunately, the AMD based systems don't work very well under the latest versions of either Mint or Ubuntu. Stay with Mint 7 and wait till Mint 9 comes out. However, it's worth looking into what is not working on your computer if it's an Intel-based system. Also check software updates, these forums and Ubuntu forums to see if there were any fixes.

Hi....ZTS.mint 8 is a good remake or edit of Ubuntu. I find Ubuntu already complete and easier to modify things as i like except for login window which was replaced with login screen. I did not like that. But in all, mint is as good as ubuntu.
kelvinjona
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Ideas & Thoughts