The title pretty much explains it. screenFetch is a screenshot information tool, similar to archinfo and archey
, except in Bash instead of Perl or Python. Features:
- Detects Desktop Environment, Kernel, Uptime, Window Manager, Window Manager Theme, GTK Theme, GTK Icon Theme, and GTK Font. It also attempts to detect running distribution, but it's a little sketchy at the moment and needs a lot of testing.
- Supported distros
: Arch Linux, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora (untested), Slackware, SUSE (untested), Mandriva/Mandrake (untested), Crunchbang (untested), Gentoo (untested), and Tiny Core.
- Supported Desktop Environments
: KDE, GNOME, XFCE, LXDE, and "Not Present".
- Supported Window Managers
: PekWM, OpenBox, FluxBox, BlackBox, Xfwm4m, Metacity, KWin, IceWM, FVWM, DWM, Awesome, and WindowMaker (if you can find files or syntaxes to detect the theme of more window managers, let me know!)
- Outputs ASCII logo with information, though you may specify to only output information and no ASCII art.
- Flag to execute a scrot command to take screenshot named 'screenFetch-(YEAR)-(MONTH)-(DAY).png'
- Ability to specify custom distribution name and custom screenshot command in execution on command-line.
- Verbose outputScreenshots
:My official screenshotsCurrentOld
I made most of these ASCII logos myself, so don't be too critical. User Contributed ScreenshotsMore to come!
And finally, the source code can be found at either github or code.google.com (github will be more up to date as I am personally maintaining that one):http://git.silverirc.com/cgit.cgi/screenfetch-dev.gitLatest version
can always be found in this folder: http://git.silverirc.com/cgit.cgi/scree ... .git/tree/Latest raw source (wget/curl-able)
can always be found here: http://git.silverirc.com/cgit.cgi/scree ... nfetch-devNEW! Debian package
- http://served.kittykatt.us/projects/scr ... -2.4.0.debCurrent Latest Version
Before you say it, yes I do realize some of this is horribly ugly coding. This is one of my first big projects, so I'm welcome to constructive
criticism. I'd rather not get "Go home. Try again." types of responses, if you wouldn't mind. ^^;
Any suggestions will be welcome! email me at kittykattATkittykattDOTus
or stop by my IRC network, SilverIRC, at irc://kittykatt.silverirc.com/randomz