Mint Art-Team is official!

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

Mint Art-Team is official!

Post by McLovin »

It's official. Clem and co. have approved the formation of an official Mint Art-Team.

As I said in another post, it is unfortunately too late to get new artwork in for Elyssa, as the release date is so close, but we will be working hard to get new artwork out for the next release after Elyssa, be it Mint 6, or Mint 5.1, or whatever comes next.
What we need are members who can create original artwork, wallpapers, GTKs, GDMs, gfxboot, icons, etc. We also will most likely need someone who can make some .deb's, to be able to create new artwork and get it into the repos so that it can be downloaded and installed directly into the os, should something come out that ppl want, and to make getting new artwork easier to get.

At the moment things are still getting set-up, and as soon as everything is in place, we will be getting artwork into the repos, and on the Wiki, also we will be making tools, and sources available to artist to create new artwork.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint Art-Team is official!

Post by Zwopper »

Let's get busy and maybe we can give Elyssa Something! ;)
...and thanks for inviting me on board - I am truly honored!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

There's a misunderstanding in regards to the nature of this team though. It's my mistake for not having made this clear and I'm sorry about this misunderstanding.

This team role will not be to define how Mint releases look. It will be to organize the efforts of the community and to centralize the tools and achievements of the community in regards to artwork. It will also try to package community artwork into our repositories. Also, this team will need a strong leader (McLovin) but it will need to be as open as possible with anybody in this forum being able to participate in it. Basically we're talking about artwork by the community and for the community. The only difference with what we already have is that we'll now also focus on making tools, source, and resources available to artists, we'll try to encourage discussions and concepts, we'll try to catalog artwork and expose it weekly with the newsletter and we'll try to package this up for people to receive new artwork as package updates. The more organize we get the more artwork will be produced and with better quality and this will of course make it easy for the maintainers to pick among the vast collection of artwork resources that are produced and make their releases look nice.

Clem.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I apologize for the misunderstanding as well, it was just a simple miscommunication between Clem and myself, but is worked out now. However I would still like to someone who can create .debs, (I am working on learning this aspect, but would like another that knows) for the repos.

So lets see some art! :D
cathbard

Hi there

Post by cathbard »

I can make simple debs like are needed for artwork like splashes, iconsets, login screens and that sort of thing. I don't have much experience with gnome (more of a kde man) but it isn't that much different really, just different directory locations mostly. I have made a gdm or two and it wasn't that much different to kdms. I run my own repo with stuff for kanotix, sidux and debian so I do have a bit of an idea. You can see my stuff at cathbard.com. I'll be in touch, let me know what you need and I'll see what i can do.

Return to “Your Artwork”