Starting new blog for art team

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

Starting new blog for art team

Post by McLovin »

I have started making a new blog for the art team, for discussion, news, and most notably, Wallpaper of the Week. I will post when I have gotten things ready and set-up. If you all have any ideas on things to added to the blog, or things you would like added, or just suggestions on how to format it, just let me know.

*edit
Ok, I'm having a few issues finding a blogging site that had the proper plug-ins to allow for polls, if anyone has any suggestions I'm open for them, it would be good to free up some bandwith here on the forums and move the WOTW over to a blog. Anyone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kayakaholic

Re: Starting new blog for art team

Post by kayakaholic »

How about using the webspace that was previously the mintart website and installing wordpress there?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I would need ftp access to our main server to do that, as it needs to be installed through there, but I do not have FTP access. I will talk to Clem about getting wordpress installed there, and see what he thinks.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

This is another great idea McLovin, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I know that Blogger has support for polls, though I think it's pretty rudimentary. If you're thinking of hosting the blog yourself then I agree that WordPress is a good choice.
kayakaholic

Post by kayakaholic »

Yeah its also wordpress which the main mint blog uses so that will make things easier too.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Ok, I have a temporary blog up at blogspot just to make a run through of things and get things formatted and see what you guys think.If you think that this is a good place to keep it, we can do that very easily, it seems to have everything we need for the moment. Here's the link, let me know what you all think
http://linuxmintart.blogspot.com/
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Looks good McLovin. Are you able to create the vote for this week's 'Wallpaper of the Week', or do you want me to do it in the forum like usual?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Looks great!
Another top notch job from you McLovin! 8)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I can create the poll on this blog, we can try it out and see how it goes, if things seem like they are being more difficult for ppl we can move them back here until I can get a full blog site. I sent Clem a PM about getting one set-up, and as soon as I here from him, I will let you all know.

What are the candidates for this week?
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

As far as I can see, there are only 3 entries this week:
Mint Megalomania
Minty Iceland 5
Minty Iceland 6

My money is on Zwopper winning this week... ;)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

That would be a safe bet :lol:

All set, posted on the Blog, and ready for voting.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

McLovin wrote:All set, posted on the Blog, and ready for voting.
I like what you've done with the Blog and the vote - definitely an improvement from doing it in the forum.

Thanks for the work you've put into this.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Voted! 8)
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

The only trouble I have is that the font size is HUGE compared to other sites...
Am I the only one with this problem?
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I'm actually hoping to change the old mintart site to a blog, and this way I will be able to make it look like the rest of the sites. I started the blog on a suggestion by Clem, he said he thought it would be good to get the WOTW over to a blog, to free up some bandwidth on the forums, and to keep the forums uncluttered. But if ppl would rather the WOTW on the forums, I am more than willing to leave it that way. I will post a poll to see what everyone thinks about this subject, and we can go from there.
That being said, I would still like to have a blog for that art team to able to post ideas, and show what is being worked on, I would also like to start a newsletter, that anyone can subscribe to and stay on top of happenings in the MintArt world, this will more or less just be a place to get news on upcoming art-work and to make suggestions to the team.

Return to “Your Artwork”