Mint -Art Blog moved to the official Linux Mint Blog

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

Mint -Art Blog moved to the official Linux Mint Blog

Post by McLovin »

Ok, I have been in discussion with Clem, and we have decided to move the Mint Art-Team Blog to the official Linux Mint Blog site here http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/. This will be where we will be posting the WOTW winners, and news about the Art-Team and work that is ongoing. New art-work and discussion can also take place here, but mostly this will be for, as I said, news and WOTW winners.
This is going to make it a little easier to be able to get news and info regarding the Art-Team, and it will also make the Art-Team Blog look more integrated with the rest of the web sites.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jernau

Re: Mint -Art Blog moved to the official Linux Mint Blog

Post by Jernau »

I think this is a great idea. It was wonderful to see last week's wallpaper of the week winner appear in Google Reader! :)

By the way, what will happen to the voting?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

We're not exactly sure yet, I would like to get the voting on the Blog, but there are permission issues on our blog right now, so I think we may put the poll here on the forums, and maybe post the images on the Blog, or maybe do the vote here on the forums, with the images, and then post the winner on the blog, we still have to figure that part out, but we are working on it. I would like to have the voting on the blog, or at least the images, that way everyone who is subscribed to the blog, will automatically get the post, and be able to vote, but I think I will at least post every week that the vote has begun, and maybe show the images, we will see.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

You were definitely heard, and Clem and I were talking last night, and we have decided that the voting, will be done here on the forums, with a post about the start of the vote at the end the of the post about the winner each week. The winner will be posted on he blog with a pic and link to the winning wallpaper, so users can download it.

I have also been talking to cathbard, and we are going to start getting the deb files ready for the repos, so users can easily install new art right from synaptic.

Things are starting to happen, so lets keep the input coming from all of you, and lets get the artwork pumped out for everybody.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

McLovin wrote: I have also been talking to cathbard, and we are going to start getting the deb files ready for the repos, so users can easily install new art right from synaptic.
That's a very good idea indeed. Congratulations for your work McLovin!

Return to “Your Artwork”