Mint-X theme - rounded bottom corners?

Forum dedicated to the Mint Art Team
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Mint-X theme - rounded bottom corners?

Postby tpprynn on Mon May 30, 2011 1:20 pm

I'd like to round the bottom corners of the Mint-X metacity border, just for when it's a normal window, not maximised. The Equinox theme's border is the kind of thing I mean. I've changed the word 'false' to 'true' in a line that might look like it'd do this job, but though the corners become rounded they have no black outline like at the top, just a gap.

So if anyone here is up on this sort of thing and can tell me what to change, that'd be good, thanks.

p.s. I've found that commenting out the last line of the gtk file for Mint-X (something like include panel.rc) and then adding the panel background manually gets rid of that error where the Indicator Applet is not themed correctly.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint-X theme - rounded bottom corners?

Postby samriggs on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 pm

tpprynn wrote:I'd like to round the bottom corners of the Mint-X metacity border, just for when it's a normal window, not maximised. The Equinox theme's border is the kind of thing I mean. I've changed the word 'false' to 'true' in a line that might look like it'd do this job, but though the corners become rounded they have no black outline like at the top, just a gap.

So if anyone here is up on this sort of thing and can tell me what to change, that'd be good, thanks.

Just change this line
Code: Select all
<frame_geometry name="normal" rounded_top_left="true" rounded_top_right="true" rounded_bottom_left="false" rounded_bottom_right="false">

to this

<frame_geometry name="normal" rounded_top_left="true" rounded_top_right="true" rounded_bottom_left="true" rounded_bottom_right="true">

This makes the corner rounded but will not create the black outline you indicated, it just makes the corner rounded and leaves a gap like you stated.
Since this is all coded and no images are used the bottom corners will also have to be coded as well, I usually use images and shade my own corners instead through images.
What you need to do is look at this section in the metacity file
<!-- ::: CORNERS OUTLINE::: -->
<draw_ops name="corners_outline">
   <!-- top left Dark -->
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="1" y1="3" x2="1" y2="4"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="2" y1="2" x2="2" y2="2"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="3" y1="1" x2="3" y2="1"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="4" y1="1" x2="4" y2="1"/>

<!-- top right Dark -->
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="width-2" y1="3" x2="width-2" y2="4"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="width-3" y1="2" x2="width-3" y2="2"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="width-4" y1="1" x2="width-4" y2="1"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.66" x1="width-5" y1="1" x2="width-5" y2="1"/>

<!-- top left White -->
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.00" x1="2" y1="4" x2="2" y2="5"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.02" x1="3" y1="3" x2="3" y2="3"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.08" x1="4" y1="2" x2="4" y2="2"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.14" x1="5" y1="2" x2="5" y2="2"/>

<!-- top right White -->
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.00" x1="width-3" y1="3" x2="width-3" y2="4"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.02" x1="width-4" y1="2" x2="width-4" y2="2"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.08" x1="width-5" y1="1" x2="width-5" y2="1"/>
   <line color="shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.14" x1="width-6" y1="1" x2="width-6" y2="1"/>

</draw_ops>

And make another draw_op (example:draw_ops name="bottom_corners_outline") for the bottom corners as well, might take some playing around with but it shouldn't take much. The code is pretty much written already for you, just some changes to make it on the bottom corners instead.
Have fun and hope this helps you out.

Sam
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
SolydK
samriggs
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint-X theme - rounded bottom corners?

Postby tpprynn on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 am

Excellent, glad someone got back to me about this, I'll give it a go later! Maybe looking at another Metacity file in conjunction with your notes will help me see where the adjustment's needed. Thanks.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Mint Art