Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP!

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ber

Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP!

Post by ber »

Hi, been banging my head on this problem for a couple of weeks now- tried all sorts of solutions and nothing has worked.
I want to be able to connect to my Linux Mint Gnome 12 which is located in the garage from my Windows XP located in my bedroom using Windows RDP. If i really have to and it works ill use VNC.
I have setup the remote desktop in the gnome desktop classic screen - enabled access and entered password.
When I try to login remotely....here is what happens...

I can access the X11rdp login screen as it were. It gives me multiple protocols that i can connect with- I use Xvnc enter the username and password, a session screen comes on advising that connection is in process accepts login the fires up a "failed to load session "ubuntu"?? :shock:

I use the X11rdp protocol- session monitor says login successful, connected ok then kicks me out of the windows RDP client??? :(

Can anyone help? :x
Also I have tried VNC in the past, generally I find that its laggy and not as responsive as Windows RDP...is the sessman X11RDP server in Linux Mint 12 just as "good" as windows RDP?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Remote Desktop From Windows to Linux Mint 12 Gnome- HELP

Post by dagon »

Can anyone help?
I can try and move it to somewhere were the remote desktop folk hang around. :wink:

Moved here by moderator

Return to “Networking”