Backup Wireless and VPN settings?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rwurttem

Backup Wireless and VPN settings?

Post by rwurttem »

Hi All,

First time user of Mint 16 with the Cinnamon UI.

How do I backup my Wireless and VPN settings?

Kind regards,
Raj
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kubik256

Re: Backup Wireless and VPN settings?

Post by kubik256 »

Hi,
I know it's a little late, but I have the same problem...

Did you find the right answer?

In LM17 64bit Cinnamon I found all networks settings in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/.
Every network or VPN have own file with settings.... you need root rights to get access to those files ;)

If you have a better way try to share it, thanks ;)
ximal

Re: Backup Wireless and VPN settings?

Post by ximal »

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ <--- go to terminal and type "sudo nemo" and then open the folder of /etc/ and look for network manager. Then right click the device or media you wish to backup these settings into and then drag the /etc/NetworkManager folder into the device/folder you wish to back up the information to. This should preserve any permissions and or settings of the current user . From there you can locate any file you want to use later in any future installations. Of course, the current login and passwords you use might have an effect on the situation. But you can always try to import the file by su' or sudo'ing in terminal when importing in the network manager... Good luck m8's!

Return to “Networking”