NAS Share connection & passwords

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

NAS Share connection & passwords

Postby probax on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi,

I recently installed Linux Mint 64 and everything runs pretty smooth. But one little problem drives me nuts:
all my files are stored on a synology NAS. So in order to open them I saved favourites in Nautilus to have fast access.
So far, so good, but almost every time a want to access a netword share or folder Mint asks to put in ID and password and even when I click on "remember forever" it asks again and again (ID and password is stored in Mints key-safe correctly).

How can I tell Mint to auto access the shares?

A second question:
is there an easy way to save favourites or links to files on the NAS? I tried to save a link to the Desktop but that seemed only be possible with local files.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Frank
probax
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: NAS Share connection & passwords

Postby altair4 on Thu May 01, 2014 7:28 am

There's really three issues here the biggest one being some bug I guess in seahorse that is not remembering your samba credentials.

For most users I would suggest Gigolo to automount the NAS share but it will rely on seahorse to keep the samba credentials so we'll have to find another way.

For a number of reasons I have personally gone "old school" with samba mounts these days and use AutoFS to automount: Auto Mounting Samba Shares Using AutoFS

AutoFS doesn't require seahorse to keep credentials.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Other networking topics