Log on to Windows Domain

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tropicalbound

Log on to Windows Domain

Post by tropicalbound »

Hello,

I have BeyondTrust PowerBroker installed and I have joined my Linux Mint 17 VM to my Windows domain. What I can't figure out is how to log onto the Windows domain. I've been searching the web for a while now with no success. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

TB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: Log on to Windows Domain

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

you may want to read this topic and try to follow the steps to modify the default login display.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 97#p902797
tropicalbound

Post by tropicalbound »

Thanks for the reply. I changed to GDM and chose a theme that does not include -Userinit, but it still only asks for a password.

My goal is to log onto Mint as user@domain.com. I've seen references to logging on via the terminal, which I would like to try as well. Just not sure how to actually initiate the logon process.

Thanks,

TB
tropicalbound

Post by tropicalbound »

OK. I can now log on with my Active Directory domain account! However, it appears the domain account does not have administrative priveleges. Here is what I have done:

Installed OpenSSH server
Installed PowerBroker Identity Services
Joined the domain
Installed krb5-user
Added the Domain Admins group to /etc/sudoers

At this point, I can log with the domain account. However, I cannot install the VirtualBox add-ins (cannot mount drive). I have confirmed that the account is set up as an Administrator and I have duplicated the group membership that the local account has. Still, no joy.

Can anyone help getting admin priveleges for the domain account?

Thanks!!

TB
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

is this account also part of the vboxusers group? Check it and add it.
tropicalbound

Post by tropicalbound »

I added the domain account to the vboxsf group, but that did not help (there are no other groups that begin with vbox)

The error reads:

Unable to mount VBOXADDITIONS_4.3.12_93733
Not authorized to perform operation

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

TB
swapz123

Post by swapz123 »

tropicalbound wrote:OK. I can now log on with my Active Directory domain account! However, it appears the domain account does not have administrative priveleges. Here is what I have done:

Installed OpenSSH server
Installed PowerBroker Identity Services
Joined the domain
Installed krb5-user
Added the Domain Admins group to /etc/sudoers
TB
This Above steps Done ! but still while logon screen giving error: Incorrect Username&Password

Please help further.

Return to “Networking”