I Can't Get My Network Together

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mandoman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I Can't Get My Network Together

Post by mandoman »

Now I'm really freaked out. I tired to connect with the laptop again, and once more could only get "Prints", where three times in a row I got the Home network, with the laptop there. I discovered, though, that I can't transfer any files between the two computers, even when I could connect, so it didn't much matter anyway. This is the way it seems like networking always works for me. It's on again, off again, lost, found, lost, confused. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M DOING WRONG.
What was that code again?
mandoman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I Can't Get My Network Together

Post by mandoman »

Okay, screw the network, I've had it with trying to network. I''ll use memory sticks, and exterior HDs to move info between my computers.

I was following the Network Checklist recommended to me. Nothing more, just what was suggested. Now my basement desktop goes to a black screen after it allows me to login. I even went into Recovery Mode, had it check the Boot Grub, had it repair any broken packages, had it do a full update, checked for upgrades, and ran the nmap, which found my router, and the desktop I was trying to access. In fact, from what I could tell, there isn't a problem, so why can't I get back into my system? This is what happened last time I started to try setting up Samba. If I'm doing something wrong, I can't find what it is. Before I have to rescue files from the HD, and reload, are there any suggestions on how to get back on to my current settings?
What was that code again?

Return to “Networking”