NFS and synology shares.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neggard

NFS and synology shares.

Post by neggard »

Hello.

I have a NAS from synology and using Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon.
This is my fstab:
192.168.0.10:/volume1/homes/daniel /media/daniel nfs rw,hard,intr,nolock 0 0
192.168.0.10:/volume1/torrent /media/torrent nfs rw,hard,intr,nolock 0 0
192.168.0.10:/volume1/photo /media/foto nfs rw,hard,intr,nolock 0 0

Photo share works but not torrent and my homefolder.
When I click on my torrent or daniel folder a error message say that I dont have the right permissions.

On my NAS the photo folder is standard, the NAS comes with it.
The torrent folder is made by me.
The daniel folder is within the homes folder on the NAS.

All the 3 folders have same settings on the NAS.

Please, try to give me a hint.

//Daniel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
neggard

Re: NFS and synology shares.

Post by neggard »

I just notice that if I access filesystem/media folder as root on my Linux Mint computer I can access the folder.
Now it should be easy but how is it done?
xox101
Level 3
Level 3

Re: NFS and synology shares.

Post by xox101 »

Not quite sure what you are asking but if you open nautilus (files) there is an option in there somewhere to connect to a server. Open that and enter the details of your NAS, ip address, password etc and then connect to it. Once it has connected you should be able to add a bookmark to each of the directories on your NAS. Sorry I can't be more specific but I am on a Windows PC at work and as far as I remember that is how I connected to both my DS414+ and DS211 on Mint 17 and 17.1. Used to be easier using a script I had but this now works fine for me.

Return to “Networking”