Re: [Solved]How to install HUEWEI EC 1260 wireless b..

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
s.linuxusers

Post by s.linuxusers »

CAn any1 help me in installing HUAWEI EC 1260 Mobile USB Broadband modem ?

PL. let me know how to do

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How to install HUEWEI EC 1260 wireless broadband modem.

Post by remoulder »

s.linuxusers wrote:installing HUAWEI EC 1260 Mobile USB Broadband modem
Does it appear as USB drive? If so plug it in, wait for desktop icon then right mouse and click Eject. Wait and (hopefully) modem should be detected and you should be able to setup connection in NM. You might also install usb_modeswitch. PM viking777 for more help on this.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
zaheermk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zaheermk »

Hello,

This is a very old reply for an old post... but still, I thought, if it could make a difference to people struggling to get their devices work...

Device: Tablet
Mfr.: Micromax
Model: Funbook P300
Datacard Vendor & Model: Tata Docomo Photon+
Datacard Hardware & Model: Huawei EC1260
Remarks:
Works perfectly out of the box, as soon as it is plugged in to the data port of the tablet, just have to wait for the datacard to initialize (1-2 mins or less). Speed is also good.

Device: Laptop
Mfr.: HCL
Model: ME series
Datacard Vendor & Model: Tata Docomo Photon+
Datacard Hardware & Model: Huawei EC1260
Remarks:
After you plug it in to your data port, go to Network Manager -> Edit Connections -> Mobile Broadband ->
In both username & password fields, enter "internet".
And wait for the device to initialize (1-2 mins or less). Speed is simply too good.

Since, I had tried on my tablet earlier, I did not do anything on my laptop extra for configuring it for some days, and i was worried that it was not working... and it was then it struck... that my mobile service provider had also given the word "internet" as both username & password.

Could not try it on any devices with Windows OS, cause I don't own any :-( ... just to prove that I don't need that OS for any of my personal needs. :-)

Enjoy! :-)

Get GNUiing with GNU/Linux! :-)

Return to “Networking”