Firewall Advise

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tuxxiemint

Firewall Advise

Post by tuxxiemint »

Hello i am looking for an strong firewall that also displays an alert when something isn't ok i have now the standard ip tables with gufw but i need an more stronger firewall i am running Mint 10 Gnome and have also snort running please tell me what an good strong firewall is antivirus i don't use that.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
framp

Re: Firewall Advise

Post by framp »

I'm not sure I get your point.

What's a 'strong firewall' for you? Usually a FW just rejects all inbound requests. What do you expect the FW to handle on top?
davy51

Post by davy51 »

I use Firestarter
It will warn you if something is blocked

And it will block all incoming and has a graphical interface

Its in the package manager
tuxxiemint

Post by tuxxiemint »

What is an good firewall and what do i expect??? The current IP Tables doesn't protect against intrusions and host intrusions all incoming connections are blocked but that isn't the point i have Mint installed and i have also gufw installed because with an GUI you can do some changes marking block incoming connections and you can make separate rules etc.

Mine concern is intrusions how do i know that not for the second time someone have setup an remote connection with mine pc 2 weeks ago an serious problem was occuring on mine pc an remote attacker was succeeded to setup an ssh remote connection due an security breach while mine system is always up to date and i use no other repo's unless they have an valid key.

So for me it was not clear how is this remote attacker landed on mine Mint i don't use root passwords i don't need them so thats the reason i am asking for an strong firewall and what it must do protecting against intrusions and host intrusions. :!:
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

You answered it yourself . . sorry if you feel offended, but . . .
i don't use root passwords i don't need them so thats the reason
sounds like you need a good one !!!

Return to “Networking”