Microsoft VPN under VirtualBox

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ET3D

Microsoft VPN under VirtualBox

Post by ET3D »

I'm trying without success to connect to a Microsoft VPN server from Linux Mint 10 running inside VirtualBox. I defined the VPN connection the best I could, leaving only MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2 for authenticaion and turning on MPPE. I also set the VM to use a bridged adapter for networking, since that's what solved a similar problem for me when running a Windows 7 VM. However, I still get a message "VPN Connection Failed".

I'd appreciate some help solving this problem. If it's possible to get some more detailed information about the failure, which might help debug the situation, let me know how I can get it.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fugudona

Re: Microsoft VPN under VirtualBox

Post by fugudona »

How do I find out if the workplace is blocking my VPN connection? I am a foreign national working at a university whose InfoTech department is rude and does not really answer questions (assuming they even understand them!) like, "Why can't I connect to my VPN?" (just like many workplace IT groups!) The VPN is ItsHidden.com. I am getting Error 619 on Vista. But it might be that ItsHidden.com is not giving free account access, OR the workplace has a firewall up blocking ports! How to tell?

Return to “Networking”