MTS MBrowse Data Card not working on Linux Mint 9!

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamharish15

MTS MBrowse Data Card not working on Linux Mint 9!

Post by iamharish15 »

I have a MTS MBrowse 1x CDMA data card. It runs fine on windows 7 through its application , which is provided in it as it is a plug and play device.
The problem is that the Plug and Play feature doesn't work in Linux Mint 9 as .exe setup files can't be run on Linux. I tried to manually do the settings by specifying the dialing number, username and password and other details. But it didn't work.
What should I do to make it work under Linux Mint 9 as I need to connect to the Internet on Linux Mint to get the drivers downloaded and for other stuff.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
iamharish15

Re: MTS MBrowse Data Card not working on Linux Mint 9!

Post by iamharish15 »

Well As I didn't get any support from here, I spent a hard time finding the solution to above problem and finally found the solution!
I have copied all the steps to make your MTS MBrowse/MBlaze USB CDMA modem work on Linux Mint 9 and attaching the file here:
Just follow the steps mentioned in the file, you will need to connect to the Internet for downloading some packages! Save it on some media and copy that on linux mint!
For any further queries, ask me now, I have done enough R&D in this field now ;)
One Important Thing:
the password given in the file is for MBlaze i.e. mts
For MTS MBrowse change the password to :123
Rest of the procedure is same.
Enjoy!

Return to “Networking”