Win 7 Beta

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re: Win 7 Beta

Postby DrHu on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:11 am

ZekeMenuar wrote:I'll cut to the chase.
I really like Windows 7 RC. No muss, no fuss, no drama and most important, no BSOD. Not once.
But I use Windows 7 for dual monitor setups, watching movies and anything that involves lots of graphics.

I haven't had a BSOD for years on windows XP, but then I don't keep adding/removing software or hardware of unknown origin, or just to see if it works..
--well OK sometimes with Microsoft updates/patches..

I use Windows 7 for dual monitor setups, watching movies and anything that involves lots of graphics
And here I thought that was what Linux was for..

Just as a business case; We can't really call Vista a failure, disappointing, yes, but not necessarily a failure..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby ZekeMenuar on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:48 am

DrHu wrote:And here I thought that was what Linux was for..

My laptop has the dreaded Intel 965 chipset. I downloaded the Intel driver from the Mint Package Manager.
Mint 64 still doesn't play well with Google Earth and some streaming websites.
When faced with dual monitors, ie my 19" external monitor and the laptop's 15.4" monitor, Mint barely stays stable. Any use of more than one browser window and Mint will freeze up or just plain crash. No such problems when using Windows 7.

I understand that the issue with Intel chipsets will be addressed in October? So I will wait patiently.

ZM
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.
Thomas Jefferson
ZekeMenuar
Level 2
Level 2

Postby mercurio2054 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Fred wrote:I have a question for you guys. Do you think Win 7 is going to be any better than Vista? Or is it going to be just another flop for Windows users?

Fred

i think will be much better. (English is not my native lang)
like others say, the system will have all the vulnerabilities form all windows but i think will be more stable and fast.
mercurio2054
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Installation & Boot