Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Postby new2linux_& on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I have encountered a printing problem that could be related to this tool. I have Mint 6 KDE CE in an Apple Macbook second generation that is printing correctly. However, there are two other Vista PCs with a mint4win (one mint-main and the other mint-KDE) partition whose printing manager does not seem to recognize the Xerox drivers (which I need for double-sided printing, etc.). Whenever I install the printer through the Xerox PPD file, I get an error message in the print jobs and their status turns to ¨stopped¨. The two common elements in the problem are the Vista OS and the Mint4Win installation, but I do not think there could be a ¨Vista interference¨ in a foreign-coded OS; however, there could be a problem between the way Mint recognizes the printer as a Mint4Win partition and as a separate partition. As for now, the foomatic-postscript generic driver works in the three computers for printing single-sidedly, and only in the Macbook for double-sided, collated and other printing options.

Thank you in advance for any help and concern regarding my problem.
new2linux_&
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Postby delvin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 am

Good morning to all.My problem is the same o.s. not recognizing printer.I hope driver detective will solve the problem.I look forward to trying it out.Many thanks. :D elvin
delvin
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot