Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Questions about mint4win, the tool that lets you install Mint as a Windows program
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Postby new2linux_& on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I have encountered a printing problem that could be related to this tool. I have Mint 6 KDE CE in an Apple Macbook second generation that is printing correctly. However, there are two other Vista PCs with a mint4win (one mint-main and the other mint-KDE) partition whose printing manager does not seem to recognize the Xerox drivers (which I need for double-sided printing, etc.). Whenever I install the printer through the Xerox PPD file, I get an error message in the print jobs and their status turns to ¨stopped¨. The two common elements in the problem are the Vista OS and the Mint4Win installation, but I do not think there could be a ¨Vista interference¨ in a foreign-coded OS; however, there could be a problem between the way Mint recognizes the printer as a Mint4Win partition and as a separate partition. As for now, the foomatic-postscript generic driver works in the three computers for printing single-sidedly, and only in the Macbook for double-sided, collated and other printing options.

Thank you in advance for any help and concern regarding my problem.
new2linux_&
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Printer Drivers Not Recognized in Mint4win Installations

Postby delvin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 am

Good morning to all.My problem is the same o.s. not recognizing printer.I hope driver detective will solve the problem.I look forward to trying it out.Many thanks. :D elvin
delvin
Level 1
Level 1

Return to mint4win