Changing default location of toolbar

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Changing default location of toolbar

Postby MikeA36 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:17 am

I'm new to fluxbox, and for the life of me I can't find a way to move the toolbar from the bottom of the screen to the top (my preferred position). Is this even possible? Can't be too hard right? :)

Thanks
MikeA36
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Changing default location of toolbar

Postby lmintnewb on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Really easy, right click on the tool bar ... Select placement from the menu items and then click the one marked top center. To put it back, if you're so inclined. Just do the same only selecting bottom center that time.

Random note: You may have your heart set on fluxbox. Which linux being the awe inspiring OS it is and mwah Mint, you can have as many desktops as you want. I have 3 so far, lol.

Scratch that double checked and I was wrong fluxbox is less resource intensive than xcfe afterall.

:D
lmintnewb
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Changing default location of toolbar

Postby richyrich on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 pm

@ MikeA36
I'm not at my Mint Flux machine, but you just need to make a small edit on a hidden file in your home directory. The file name is tintrc , and I think it is in your home directory at .config/tint2/tintrc . Open tintrc with your text editor, find the Panel section, and put "top" in stead of "bottom" . . save/exit . . logout/in . . :)

I may be incorrect on the exact location of the tintrc file, as I'm going from my feeble memory, but I'm confident you'll find it.

good luck, richy
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Others