Kmix - Sound on different channels

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Kmix - Sound on different channels

Postby Coxeroni on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm using an EeePC 1000H with Gloria KDE and KMix with Alsa sound drivers (I guess :D).

I am wittnessing something strange with the sound:

When I play something in e.g. amarok, than I have to tune a different channel (here Lineout) and flash videos are tuneable in volume by "Digital" channel.

So the problem is, that I do not really have a master channel where I can set the volume level for the whole system, I always have to change the main channel in order to hear sound of something, or not.

Is there any way how I can fix that so that I can control the sound with one slider?

Fyi:
In Kmix I can choose between PCM, Lineout, Capture, Digital and iSpeaker (only mute/unmute).

Edit: To be more precise: All volume at max, lineout selected as main channel. When I play a youtube video, it does not care if I press mute, but it does care when I lower the volume to 0, than it shuts up. So it seems to be mute problem what so ever with flash or so, but it is the same for the system sounds like startup or shutdown sound. Because amarok is quiet when I press mute.

Weird.
Coxeroni
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Kmix - Sound on different channels

Postby Husse on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't quite follow you
Below is my new Solutions for sound (standard answer)

This topic contains links to all (?) the really good solutions for sound in Mint
If you have Intel HDA sound take a look here first
If you want more help please include lspci and which Mint you use
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to KDE