Can't change desktop themes

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Can't change desktop themes

Postby akshaypande1989 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:19 am

There's an odd problem in the System Settings --> Advanced (tab) --> Desktop Theme Details window. Whenever I choose a new theme from the drop down, say "Elegance", the buttons at the bottom still remain gray and inaccessibe. Meaning I can never apply any changes. This problem is only unique to Desktop Theme Details, and other Settings windows work fine.

I am using Linux Mint Gloria KDE since 4 days

Thanks
Warmly
Akshay
akshaypande1989
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Can't change desktop themes

Postby Husse on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:14 am

Welcome to Mint
Is this for all alternatives under Desktop Theme Details?
Does this apply to "More" as well?
It's only "Apply" and "Reset" that "opens up" to begin with
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby akshaypande1989 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Dear Husse

Thank you for your reply. The buttons remained gray even after choosing a different theme. It happened with all buttons.

But this doesn't apply now. I was struggling with KDE 4 for the past two weeks not realising that my graphics card was not up to it, and I had some issues in Gloria, on top of that very little time to resolve them. It all became very intimidating.

Now I have installed Linux Mint 5 RTS and it works like a dream. I can't wait to adjust myself to it. And its interface is indescribably elegant. I still have some networking issues with it, but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Warmly
Akshay
akshaypande1989
Level 1
Level 1

Postby akshaypande1989 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Dear Husse

Thank you for your reply. The buttons remained gray even after choosing a different theme. It happened with all buttons.

But this doesn't apply now. I was struggling with KDE 4 for the past two weeks not realising that my graphics card was not up to it, and I had some issues in Gloria, on top of that very little time to resolve them. It all became very intimidating.

Now I have installed Linux Mint 5 RTS and it works like a dream. I can't wait to adjust myself to it. And its interface is indescribably elegant. I still have some networking issues with it, but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Speaking of which, I really appreciate the organisation of your forums. These clear cut categories make everything very easy and most moderators don't may good attention to that.

Warmly
Akshay
akshaypande1989
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE