Adblock and Amazon Affiliates ?

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Nitram

Adblock and Amazon Affiliates ?

Post by Nitram »

Hello!

With the closure of The H, I recently changed the way I browse a bit, to disable adblock on websites I support, such as this forum and Mint Page, perhaps a small message near the "Mint is funded by ads and donation" like "Please consider disabling your adblock for the Mint Pages, our ads are non-obstrusive and you'll be helping us much"

Also, is there a way to have those Amazon affiliate thingies ? Where we can click on a link to bring us to Amazon, and the Mint team would receive a portion of the sales ? I would gladly make the detour here to help out.

I'm not in a position to donate much, but I would really like to help out in other ways. Please do inform me how I could help more!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Adblock and Amazon Affiliates ?

Post by catweazel »

Nitram wrote:With the closure of The H
The what? Is that like an an abscisic acid-induced stomatal closure?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Nitram

Re: Adblock and Amazon Affiliates ?

Post by Nitram »

Hahaha, no, I doubt any drug-related websites would close down, too much trafic (trafficking, GET IT?! yes.. well)

The H (http://www.h-online.com/) was a news site about Open-source projects, so alot of Linux news. I wasn't a regular user, but I did think they offered a nice service and I'm unhappy that they had to close down because of the inability to monetize the website (adblock was cited as a reason for the shutdown).

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”