Start A Virtual Mint Developer Meeting

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Start A Virtual Mint Developer Meeting

Postby TechGuyAndrew on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:57 am

Edit: I have edited this post per xenopeek to better reflect the topic.
Last edited by TechGuyAndrew on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
--
Andrew
Administrator of 3 systems running Mint 16, Cinnamon 64-bit
Mint user since November 2013
NOTE: I only check this forum weekly, so you will have to give me some time to respond.
TechGuyAndrew
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Start An Annual Mint Developer Conference

Postby TechGuyAndrew on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I think that it would be a great idea to start a virtual Mint developer/user meeting through like WebEx or GoTo Meeting. It would be nice to virtually meet fellow Mint users and developers. There are some webinar services that are not that expensive, so this might be plausible.
Last edited by TechGuyAndrew on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Andrew
Administrator of 3 systems running Mint 16, Cinnamon 64-bit
Mint user since November 2013
NOTE: I only check this forum weekly, so you will have to give me some time to respond.
TechGuyAndrew
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Start An Annual Mint Developer Conference

Postby xenopeek on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:20 pm

I was already replying, but a virtual meeting is a more feasible idea. Suggest you edit your first post here, and adjust the topic subject to match that :wink:

As for having a non-virtual meeting, I'm not sure the average contributing developer has the kind of money to travel to far away countries. (It costs 500+ USD for me to fly to Orlando; so how about you come over here instead :)) Except for the small core team, all are volunteers. Linux Mint doesn't have the kind of backing as Ubuntu has (Canonical has 500+ people on its payroll).
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Start A Virtual Mint Developer Meeting

Postby anandrkris on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am

Even Google+ hangout will be useful, I suppose. One issue though is coordinating across time zones but hangouts can be recorded fortunately.

Aaron Seigo (KDE lead developer) does a live cast, what he christened as "The Luminosity of Free Software", where he shares his ideas with users / developer community.
Cheers,
If there is a drive, there will be a path
anandrkris
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Promotion