Web Site Links

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Web Site Links

Postby laofzu on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:52 am

One way some of us Linux Mint users can promote our favorite distribution is to provide links to it on web sites that we create and maintain. I have done so on two of my sites at www.rolandarms.com and www.taowoods.org. I used ads from the Linux Mint site, and very quickly added the links. It is a small thing, but it all helps. Linux Mint could provide a variety of banner ads in different sizes to make this easier, and even blocks of code for placing the ads.
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Web Site Links

Postby emorrp1 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 am

Excellent idea, see also some of the artwork you could use from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=26904
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Postby McLovin on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 pm

I have LinuxMint links on my site, one in the linux distros links, and one in the partners links, http://mclovinsblog.com
McLovin
Level 5
Level 5

Mint 8 Ads on Mandriva Sites

Postby zts on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 am

Just noticed small Mint 8 ads on some of Mandriva sites -- the forum site and wiki. I usually visit these sites since I have Mandriva 2010 installed on one of my laptops (btw, IMO the MDV 2010 is probably one of the best distros, probably the best KDE distro and maybe second only to Mint when it comes to GNOME). Anywho, it was nice seeing Mint 8 ads there -- maybe a hint that Mandriva Gnome could (and should) spruce up their menus ala Mint). Screens (right click on the image and select *view image* if cut off or just max your browser):

zts
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Aevum on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

That's all so good, unfortunately I don't have a site, but usually put a LInux based signature in every forum I register (even if it's a gaming one) with a "click-and-go-to-link" image of Linux Mint logo!
Aevum
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Promotion