Follow up to Monthly Stats - June 2009

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Follow up to Monthly Stats - June 2009

Postby Treefrog on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi all,
Was just reading the monthly stats announcement.
I like the way its put together by clem.. nice format, concise and very informative. Thanks.

The only thing I would like to see as a follow up are suggestions on what the general (appreciative ) community can do to help with the TO DOs it presents.

Perhaps some user surveys would help with saying who is using Mint. ?
I'm a returner to Linux. It was Ubuntu some years ago but it was still too much for my windows head despite having a strong tech background. I just dont want to spend time getting simple things to work I guess. Mint leaves me with an easy to use staging ground to get to know the CLI and config file aspect of Linux in my own time.
When I talk to friends I say "Mint is for grannies and techies alike", "Its easier than windows for many things".
I still keep one box with windows as I sometimes like using Mind Manager, one game, windows mobile 6 phone with GPS software and some windows work.

As for promotion:
Should we all create 10 Live CDs each and pass them around ?
Linux is customisable right! So Mint is as server capable as any distribution right? Is that something to shout about?
Mint has a name for attracting NewBs. The IRC channel is really helpful there :-) is there anything else to help make the first minty taste better?

Can others think of questions and/or answers ?

I'm really curious about this.

Treefrog.
Treefrog
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Follow up to Monthly Stats - June 2009

Postby Husse on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks for the input - I really think this is a Promotion topic so I moved it
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Promotion