"Mint Sauce" in Linux Format Magazine

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

"Mint Sauce" in Linux Format Magazine

Postby vrkalak on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 pm

I just picked up the latest issue (November 2009) of Linux Format Magazine . . . they gave LinuxMint a 1/2 page feature in the Editorials Section.

Apparently, many, many people have emailed them or written in, requesting a Cover Feature on LinuxMint.

The magazine gives us a good review and also, mentions that LinuxMint is not just another upgraded version of Ubuntu but rather is a super 'buntu with many extra features.
They also, mentioned the upcoming LM-8 Helena and the development of Mint Debian.

Also, mentioned that they have just as many requests for (another Ubuntu off-shoot) Crunchbang for a Cover . . . perhaps they will do a 'distro-dual' between LinuxMint and Crunchbang!!

As both distros "just work" out of the box.
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: "Mint Sauce" in Linux Format Magazine

Postby Husse on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Yeah - Mint is becoming mainstream
The computer magazines I read uses Ubuntu or Mint as the Linux distros they refer to (sometimes Debian too)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: "Mint Sauce" in Linux Format Magazine

Postby Colonel Schell on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Really, #!CrunchBang and Mint are poles apart in the approach to the desktop: the main edition of Mint uses Gnome, but #! is based on Openbox, which I find refreshingly simple. So both are refreshing in different ways: Mint for flavor, and #! for simplicity.

But I've solved the problem of choosing by installing Fluxbox CE Mint on a separate partition, and it works fine. Now my wife can have her Gnome desktop and I can have my Fluxbox. If I don't switch back to Xfce...so many editions, so little time.

Anyway, it's great to see that Mint is getting the attention it so richly deserves.
Registered Linux User#497028; Registered Linux Machine #408808.
Want to get rid of old hardware? http://computersforcharity.webs.com/ or http://freegeekcolumbus.org/
Colonel Schell
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Promotion