Feedback

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Feedback

Postby Hutch on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 am

I think if we, as a community take the chance to 'big up' Linuxmint all over the web, people will start to take notice. I have been leaving posts on bulletin boards and forums whenever I see the opportunity to raise the profile of Mint. For the latest one see here. http://blogs.iium.edu.my/jaiz/2009/12/0 ... mment-1925
Hutch
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Feedback

Postby Hutch on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Also left a reply here. http://blogs.computerworld.com/15269/tw ... ent-171581 I get a bit hacked off with journalists who think that Mint is just Ubuntu with multimedia addons.
Hutch
Level 1
Level 1

Postby DrHu on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Doesn't hurt, provided it is reasonable, as in not using Mint is the greatest, Fedora/Ubuntu sucks!!! type of statements
    More of an explanation, as to why Mint works so well, or that it is a pleasant experience even if I previously used windows: XP, Vista or am considering windows 7, or just get it with a new computer, or find Apple OS-X too expensive..

But, I also think that the best way to leverage the Mint profile, is simply to keep the mint forum active, and in that it will still get noticed..
    You will notice that when forums start to die, so do the associated distributions, whichever came first. It has happened often enough to be a pattern
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Postby NCHarleyHardtail on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 am

I also posted there as well. I hope what I posted was ok.
NCHarleyHardtail
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Aevum on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 pm

DrHu wrote:Doesn't hurt, provided it is reasonable
But, I also think that the best way to leverage the Mint profile, is simply to keep the mint forum active, and in that it will still get noticed..
    You will notice that when forums start to die, so do the associated distributions, whichever came first. It has happened often enough to be a pattern

I've to completely agree with DrHu, keeping a forum active and posting ideas, feedbacks, projects and whatever can promote and help Linux Mint is necessary. The more you leave a forum die and act careless towards it, the more people won't be interested in joining the community. I myself wouldn't join a community where no-one actually reacts on the forums which aren't updated and so on!
Aevum
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Promotion