Daily Mail article on upgrading to new computer

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Daily Mail article on upgrading to new computer

Postby MrD on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm

With the availability of cheaper Vista equipped laptops right now at various sources, the title of this Daily Mail article and the fact they put their stories on google easily found by UK users using google.co.uk I wonder if we should get some comprehensive yet friendly and consumer user like sounding postings on it, or at least make some voting count?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... puter.html

basically a £300-400 area laptop with Vista available at numerous places about £30-80 off would be a good investment for people on a budget, willing to rip that piece of rubbish called Vista off it, install LM8 and get a day to day multimedia class laptop in their hands that comes practically ready from install to do most things.

The worries posted by that ex-pat living in Deutschland don't need to be rubbished, but of course the odd comment giving user comments on how it does everything they need will help swing minds towards thinking about the alternative to Windows, that includes capability to do most things, and also not do some things like viruses/spyware/malware.

I've not posted a comment on it personally, just used the voting. But I seriously think it is small things like this that can add up over time when people google terms like "upgrade new computer"

note: comments are unmoderated right now and they can take a few minutes to appear. Don't everybody be posting comments or it will end up looking like some mass snowball fest okay :) the voting is more critical for now
Dell Inspiron 1520 - T6570 2.1ghz C2D, 4 gigs ram, integrated Intel 965 GPU, Intel replacement wifi card.
MrD
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Daily Mail article on upgrading to new computer

Postby tower on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 pm

I have followed the link - not much about <Linux in the editorial, but the reader comments are typical of the average reaction when you mention Linux
tower
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Promotion