Merchandise ? [SOLVED]

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
DaTorbiera

Merchandise ? [SOLVED]

Post by DaTorbiera »

Dear Mint team,

Every laptop I have come across has a little Windows sticker on it. And every time I replace Windows by Mint I try to remove them. But they are really, really sticky and often they leave an ugly stain on the computer.

I would be deeply grateful if the Mint team would start offering little Mint stickers to replace those Windows things. The same size, perhaps a bit larger. Perhaps as separate merchandise, perhaps thrown in with every T-shirt you sell ? I don't mind - just to say I'd be happy to pay for them !

Many thanks

Michael
Last edited by DaTorbiera on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Merchandise ?

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here from Other Artwork
Angtagapagligt

Post by Angtagapagligt »

Hello DaTorbiera,

there are such stickers on the market. For Germany you can buy it here: www.linux-onlineshop.de But there are just common Linux-stickers no extra Linux Mint-stickers.

You can remove the windows-sticker (which are really ugly imho :)) by using a set square. You rub one corner carefully up and than grab the corner with your fingers an pull it away.
I've improved skills in removing windows-stickers :D I make it every time when I install Linux Mint for somebody on his laptop. Accessorily I put a sticker on the windows-super-keys (there are selled some, too).

Angtagapagligt
pennadl

Post by pennadl »

Take a look to unixstickers.com they sell a big variety of linux distribution stickers and linux mint is also available.
http://www.unixstickers.com/linux_os_di ... on_sticker
DaTorbiera

Post by DaTorbiera »

Excellent - that is just what I need. Thank you very much !
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

creemy peanut butter works most times to remove the sticky left over from the sticker. :mrgreen:
DaTorbiera

Post by DaTorbiera »

Creamy peanut butter ? I should try that some time. I used nail polish remover on my wife's computer - and I had to put the windows sticker back on to hide the damage caused to the metallic looking finish.... Fortunately she doesn't care about that sort of thing - as long as it all works fine she doesn't care too much about the looks (goes for our car as well - fortunately I'm the only exception).

Anyways - I have now ordered 20 stickers from http://www.unixstickers.com/linux_os_di ... on_sticker one of which I will use on her computer, and nine on other computers that I have Minted over the last couple of years. That leaves ten, knowing I have plenty of friends that urgently need their computer Minted as well (they just don't know it yet).

Cheers everyone

Michael
Angtagapagligt

Post by Angtagapagligt »

DaTorbiera wrote:I have plenty of friends that urgently need their computer Minted as well (they just don't know it yet).
Hahaha :D Really great... They just have to want it. :D
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Merchandise ? [SOLVED]

Post by clem »

Quick note about Unixstickers: Our partnership with them is now closed due to the following reasons: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74131&p=524581#p524581
DreamWeaverM

Post by DreamWeaverM »

Quick note about Unixstickers: Our partnership with them is now closed due to the following reasons: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74131&p=524581#p524581
Does this mean we can`t purchase from them? Or we can, but not fully expect a delivery?
DaTorbiera

Post by DaTorbiera »

I ordered mine before the partnership was announced and my order got delivered.

Michael
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Check this thread...viewtopic.php?f=163&t=103680
I've bought some stickers from librestickers.com and they look awesome. I'm in India and my bro happened to pick them up while he was in Europe.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”