[Confirmed] Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[Confirmed] Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

Postby pluraldave on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Mint Upload 3.7.5 cannot handle space characters in the local file path of the file to be uploaded.

At some point a space in the path is converted to "%20" and because the actual path of "xxx yyy" is different to "xxx%20yyy" mintupload reports that the file does not exist.

This is on a clean install of LM8 64.
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

Postby emorrp1 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

confirmed for *all* published versions of mintUpload. The cliUpload in the community branch does not suffer from this issue, but it is also possible that it's the drag+drop process which adds the space encoding. Plus I still don't understand Clem's changes fully. Will see to it this is fixed for *my* next release (I doubt I can look at it until February)
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions