[Conf] mintInstall 6.5.1 Show:Installed not working properly

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[Conf] mintInstall 6.5.1 Show:Installed not working properly

Postby Ezel on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:38 pm

There seems to be a bug with mintInstall 6.5.1 and the status-colors.
If one sets "Show: Installed software" one gets all the green-statuses (which I guess means installed) but one also gets a few orange ones (at least I do, since I have a few of them).
Now, there are NO explanation to what the h*ll those colors mean and the only clues I've found are from this blogpost which seems to show some older version of mintInstall:
http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1053

It says here that orange=Special (but I guess not installed). So. Orange-status items shouldn't be shown when one sets "Show: Installed software".

Also a short explanation of the statuses would be nice in the help-menu (or ANYWHERE), which at the moment only has an about-page.

Mvh: Ezel ... Malmoe, Sweden
Ezel
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mintInstall 6.5.1 "Show: Installed.." not working properly

Postby Husse on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Confirmed - but this is more for the wish list
I have one yellow and that's skype
An apt search reveals
p python-skype
which means that there is one not installed package available and that does not make sense
Reported to Launchpad
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions