Screen Brightness Resets

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Screen Brightness Resets

Postby Asterix5 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:16 am

Hi I'm new to Linux and I'm running Linux Mint 12 64-bit on a samsung laptop. I like it more than mac or windows, but the biggest problem is that the screen brightness resets to maximum whenever i switch off, hibernate or suspend my computer, and sometimes when I don't do any of those things. I've searched the forums and haven't found any advice that works to stop this, so I think it must be a bug. Because there are no shortcuts to adjust the brightness I have to go into system settings every time, it's really annoying.
Asterix5
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Screen Brightness Resets

Postby bimsebasse on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:45 pm

See 1m in this thread
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Asterix5 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Great thanks! :D I was just thinking it I imagine could be quite easy to have as part of standard linux mint package the brightness being one of the settings that is saved when you switch off or until it gets changed again, I'm not sure if that is a bug? Just if you aren't used to linux I found it a bit difficult doing all the commands with the startup script and terminal...
Asterix5
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Asterix5 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

It also resets when I sleep the laptop, although it is fine for a full shutdown.
Asterix5
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions