Conflict between Cinnamon Desktop and The Update Manager

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Conflict between Cinnamon Desktop and The Update Manager

Postby linuxandbsduser on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 am

Hi hello, I would like to report that there is a bug between The Cinnamon Desktop and The Update Manager, as always I download all the updates directly from the update manager but yesterday, when I booted my system and I logged in then the cinnamon desktop, it dissapears and i had a gnome 3 basic desktop on my laptop. I just tried in many ways to get back my common desktop (cinnamon) until I remember when I made the updates, the update manager has installed all the nvidia drivers when this computer use a intel generic driver. The solution*: I went to synaptic package manager and I uninstall all the nvidia drivers*, then I go back my desktop again.

*This solution is for works for me, in other cases it may vary. Wait until linuxmint developer's fix this bug.
linuxandbsduser
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions