[invalid] gloria "leftovers" from games

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[invalid] gloria "leftovers" from games

Postby Kyo on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am

This happens with both xmoto and supertux 2 (and probably others);

It's really easy to reproduce: Start game (let's say xmoto) - make sure it's windowed, move it around or open another application over it's window - parts of the game will still be where the game window isn't or shouldn't be.

Let me show you with a screenshot:
http://wocares.com/host/images/888678_screenshot.png

It's not really that big of a deal, but kind of annoying.
Kyo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: gloria "leftovers" from games

Postby emorrp1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:36 pm

[INVALID] As I suspected, that kind of graphical glitch is caused by compiz (I tested xmoto on my system), disable compiz and you should be fine, though xmoto is still in development, and so has some unrelated graphical issues. In the future this kind of problem should probably be posted in the support area first.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: gloria "leftovers" from games

Postby Kyo on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Okay, thank you. I was not sure whether to post this in the support section or not. It's not just xmoto, though. It's really all games (supertux, armagetron, etc.)
Kyo
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions