Bugs in Isadora

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Bugs in Isadora

Postby runbei on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 pm

I've used Mint continually for about two and a half years. It has been very stable on my laptop, a ThinkPad T43, until Isadora. And when I tried to install Mint 9 on an HP 7100 CMT, it completely failed.

Today, Mint crashed on the T43. The error was the generic GLib warning...(process 267)...failed due to unknown user name (or password?). When the install failed on the HP, it was also with a GLib error message but a different process). When I pressed Enter after the GLib warning on the HP install, Mint showed a bunch of failure messages before crashing completely (hard boot required).

This is unhappy news for me. All manner of errors are being reported in the Ubuntu Forums under the GLib warning heading (which is of course just that, a warning that introduces information about the actual error (the process code is supposed to help with debugging).

It means that I can't trust Mint any more with my data. I'm weighing options: to install Scientific Linux until Mint comes out with a Debian-based release; or to go to Windows and wait out the storm.

Every Mint bug I've found has been a trickle-down glitch from Ubuntu. The sooner mint can leave Flubuntu behind, IMO, the better.
runbei
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions