Desktop folder icons (Home, Computer) not responding

Forums for the LXDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Desktop folder icons (Home, Computer) not responding

Postby etisdale on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Hello. I've been using LM12 LXDE for about a month (?) now with very few problems. :)

But there is one: From time to time, my Desktop folder icons (the default "Home" and "Computer" icons) fail to open with a left-hand click. I also have a "Directory Menu" in my panel that similarly fails to respond. At about this time, the widows start to trail when I move them. And the only way I can access my file system graphically is to go to Menu > Accessories > File Manager.

My thought is that this is a problem with LXDE, not necessarily pcmanfm because I can still access it using Menu > Accessories > File Manager.

Anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot? My LM12 LXDE is pretty much a stock installation. Thanks!

Edit: Just cross-posted here: http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31657
etisdale
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Desktop folder icons (Home, Computer) not responding

Postby etisdale on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 pm

The problem is intermittent, but it just so happened. These are the characteristics of the problem:

* Trailing windows

* Cannot iconify windows using "Minimize All Windows" panel applet

* Can access open windows on first (working) desktop: For example, I was able to access the terminal (LXTerminal) and my we browser (Chrome)

* Can switch desktops using "Desktop Pager" panel applet

* Can switch desktops using CTRL-ALT-[RIGHT/LEFT ARROW]

* Windows persist in other desktops, but are only accessible on first (working) desktop

* Can get to TTY (e.g. CTRL-ALT-F1), login to TTY1, and reboot.
etisdale
Level 1
Level 1

Return to LXDE