mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Forums for the LXDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Postby sunsun on Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

Hi,

I'm trying to use a macintosh aluminum keyboard (with numpad) on linux mint 12 LXDE.

I configured the macintosh keyboard in preferences, it's working correctly except for < and @ keys.

I searched on internet, and found this command, wich fixes my problem once you run it in a terminal :

Code: Select all
xmodmap -e 'keycode 94=at numbersign' -e 'keycode 49=less greater less greater less greater'

But I have to do it each time I boot my system. Any way to automatize this on mint 12 LXDE version ?

thank you a lot
sunsun
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mac keyboard on mint 12 LXDE

Postby JohnYate on Mon May 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi sunsun. I'm still blown away by your throwaway comment (in a previous posting about "resumes"), in which you likened yourself to a Mac user rather than a PC user. Definitely one up for Linux Mint !
BTW, your last couple of transposed symbol characters look very like the ones we UK (PC) keyboard user have trouble with, when it's not been possible to load our locale setup, and the machine thinks we've got US keyboards.
JohnYate
Level 1
Level 1

Postby sunsun on Tue May 22, 2012 1:24 pm

The workaround I found works pretty well for my problem. The problem is how to automatize it on each boot...That's the question :mrgreen:
sunsun
Level 1
Level 1

Postby sunsun on Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm

No idea on how I could make this tweak permanent ?

Thanks
sunsun
Level 1
Level 1

Return to LXDE