[Solved] WiFi don't work

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[Solved] WiFi don't work

Postby mintnoob on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 pm

Trying to test run LXDE, but can't get my wifi to work on either the RC1 or stable release. All other Mint versions were able to work with my laptop's Broadcom wifi card.
Last edited by mintnoob on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chakra Linux
mintnoob
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: WiFi don't work

Postby bobcollard on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 pm

mintnoob wrote:Trying to test run LXDE, but can't get my wifi to work on either the RC1 or stable release. All other Mint versions were able to work with my laptop's Broadcom wifi card.

Did you install your drivers in Hardware Drivers? Which one did you use? What is the four number designation for your Broadcom card? Mine is 4312 and i used STA instead of b43. It might make a difference.
Robert Collard, Springfield, IL
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16 Ghz. 4GB RAM
Linux Mint Debian Edition, Xfce 4.6.2 Desktop, 2.6.37-0.dmz.6-liquorix-amd64
bobcollard
Level 5
Level 5

Re: WiFi don't work

Postby mintnoob on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

bobcollard wrote:Did you install your drivers in Hardware Drivers? Which one did you use? What is the four number designation for your Broadcom card? Mine is 4312 and i used STA instead of b43. It might make a difference.

That worked! Before I just installed the B43. This time I installed both and the wifi worked.

Funny thing is I then uninstalled the STA to see if it was the B43 driver that wasn't working, but it does work. It looks like it just didn't "jump start" my wifi card to bring up all the available wifi networks.
Chakra Linux
mintnoob
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Others