Sys Freeze after AC power on/off and cpu control dont works

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xaser
Level 1
Level 1

Sys Freeze after AC power on/off and cpu control dont works

Post by xaser »

Hello!

First of all, Thanks to Kendall and the other great people that makes MiNT and LXDE version specially. Is really awesome how this version makes fast, nice and really usable the old systems, IMHO there is a great ecological value in this development. Kudos and many thanks for such great work!

Well, in order to try to help to iron the bugs, I would like to comment about a couple of things that is by bother around in my installation, my machine is an old Toshiba P35 P4-Hyper T.-3.2GHzHT with 2GB Ram and 320GB HD.

Since the instalation of LXDE MiNT 9 my system really works nice and fast, however there are 2 issues that seems to happen now and dont happen when I use MiNT 8 XFCE that was my previous system before I try LXDE MiNT 9.

1) In the Panel of LXDE MiNT9 there is an option to add for CPU frequency control/setting, but in my system is reported that is not available/recognized so even if the applet could be added to the panel it didnt works.

2) The worst and one that really bother is also with power manager, since if I am working on AC power normal supply but I disconnect the laptop from the power adapter, then after around 2-3 seconds the laptop goes to resume or hibernate, even if the battery is full charged, and the power button start to glow slowly in orange light (normally is blue light), BUT the trouble is that if I reconnect or try to turn alive the laptop then turn the power button color to blue, the the HD spins really fast and the annoying issue is that the system freeze and never comes back... I need to FORCE hardware shutdown and then reset the system. This is very annoying and starts to worry me since I use XFS for the / partition (Only Home is in other Ext4 partition) also because try to speed up my old lappy, but the forced shutdowns are a very risky theme with XFS partitions.

This is the first time that this issue happen and for sure none of the points 1 and 2 happen before in my previous installation of XFCE MiNT 8, and by the way power cpu was working fine in that version, so I hope that this could be fixed, so, I would be gratefull for help in order to solve this details.

Thanks again for the good work and help, and best regards to all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Sys Freeze after AC power on/off and cpu control dont wo

Post by Kendall »

Try getting rid of the gnome-power-manager and installing the xfce4-power-manager and the corresponding plugins package. Not all power management works with all hardware.

Return to “Software & Applications”