"Global" font / dpi size for LXDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mervinb

"Global" font / dpi size for LXDE

Post by mervinb »

I'm a new user to Mint LXDE, but have used Lubuntu / openbox / lxde for some time. Congratulations on a nice, clean distro.

On my MSI Wind, the default fonts are uniformly too large. I have defined a lower DPI on my .Xresources file - Xft.dpi: 80, but it only seems to affect the window title and text content within the window. However menu fonts, lxpanel menu fonts, etc, still remain as large as without the change.

My experience with other lxde environments is that the DPI setting in .Xresources acts on all apps in the session. Can someone suggest what other place I can define the DPI so that I get uniformly smaller fonts? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigBuckets

Re: "Global" font / dpi size for LXDE

Post by bigBuckets »

I change the font size in a couple places...

Menu >> Preferences >> Appearance

Menu >> Preferences >> Openbox Configuration Manager >> Appearance

Hope this helps.
mervinb

Re: "Global" font / dpi size for LXDE

Post by mervinb »

Thanks. I'm aware of this, but it's not my favourite kludge. I'd prefer a fix that doesn't need me to specify 8 or 9 pt fonts. Defining Xft.dpi works well on other lxde distros, and I'd like to find where the secret config file is for Mint LXDE ;).

Return to “Software & Applications”