Many thanks, the workaround link you provided fixed my issue.
To recap the steps I took:
1. Administration > Printers
2. Click Add printer
3. Click on the Network on the left. When it expands select the 3100cn if available, both fields are populated. Click forward and go to 5.
4. If 3100cn doesn't show, choose "APP/Sockect HP JetDirect
". Enter the IP on top field, 9100 on the bottom field, click forward.
5. When the Choose Driver window shows, select "HP
", click forward, then "Color LaserJet
6. Now on the right window select "HP Color LaserJet PCL 6 CUPS
", Click forward
7. Print the test page
8. Life's good :0)
I have submitted a bug, since I assume that since the Dell driver exists in LM9, It should also be there for LXDE.Long Live Linus...
PD: I tried loading the PPD file that I found http://www.cups.org/ppd.php?L365+I80+T+Q
, but no joy.